Green CommitmentClean, Sustainable, and Environmentally Friendly
Recycling 5 Gallon Bottles Since 1988
At Tyler Mountain Water & Coffee, we have provided environmentally friendly packaging for years. Our 3 and 5 Gallon returnable bottles are sanitized and reused up to 50 times in their lives. When its time to retire them, 99% are crushed, baled and sent to a recycling center for grinding. The byproduct is resin that is molded into new items like car parts, toys, appliances and more. This is simply the most effective use of plastic in the beverage industry because we at Tyler Mountain handle the recycling of our retired returnable containers.
Additional Steps We’re Taking Towards A Cleaner Tomorrow
- Our .5 Liter PET Bottles, 10 oz Pure, 8 oz Spring and 4 Gallon (Spring/Pure) have 10% PCR (Post Consumer Recycled Resin)
- We now carry biodegradable cups made from PLA Resin that is made from corn.
- We use a computerized hand held computer system that eliminates 3 part delivery tickets. The printed delivery receipt is the invoice.
- We email invoices to customers to again reduce paper and postage cost, and this eliminates the need for a mailed invoice.
- We have instituted a plant recycling system for aluminum cans.
- We have a battery and ballast recycling system through waste management.
- Our fleet of trucks is modern, clean, and meets the highest Federal Transportation and DOT standards